• U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status • Ability to pass a U.S. government public trust background check • Highly proficient in both English and Arabic, Chadian Spoken (SHU) vocabularies typically used in formal, consultative, and casual modes of communication in justice system contexts, including colloquial slang, idiosyncratic slang, and regionalisms • Knowledgeable of specialized vocabulary (terminology) in both English and Arabic, Chadian Spoken (SHU) related to legal and criminal justice system terminology and immigration procedures, particularly with regard to terminology typically used in Immigration Court hearings • Ability to speak English and the Arabic, Chadian Spoken (SHU) fluently, including high to low levels of language register, regional colloquialisms and slang expressions, and do so with clear and intelligible pronunciation • Ability to perform simultaneous, consecutive, and sight translation in a manner that is factually and conceptually accurate without changes, omissions, or additions • Ability to preserve the tone and emotional level of the speaker, as well as manage the delivery, speed and length of the statement (projection, pace and pausing) of the speaker • Ability to maintain appropriate speed and projection while rendering interpretation, and request and incorporate clarification of speaker’s statements only when justified
Desired Qualities • Federal, State, National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT), or Judiciary Interpreters and Translators Certification Examination (JITCE) certification in interpretation • Experience providing interpretation for Department of Justice (DoJ) Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) court cases Work Environment • Fast-paced, deadline-driven environment • Work is on an as-needed basis • Shift-based schedules • Office environment with differing locations depending upon assignment
Posted on September 26, 2016
COURT INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR (VARIOUS LANGUAGES)
Arabic Linguist Required for AECOM in Virginia
Requisition/Vacancy No. 133613BR
Position Title Arabic Linguist
Job Category Linguist
Business Line Government
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA - Virginia
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
AECOM – Management Services Group (MS Group) is seeking to interview and hire outstanding Arabic linguists to support AECOM –Management Services Group. Each qualifying candidate chosen will become a direct hire with AECOM – MS Group and will be provided full benefits and opportunity for advancement, after applicable time. The specific language positions available will be located in the Northern Virginia
which will require near-native to native level Arabic; passing on the ILR scale between 3+ and 5. Each linguist will become translators for research, translation, and summarization. The primary duties will include internet research in English / Arabic and translation of articles, area of of key points, and report creation. Training will be provided. No deployment required. No clearance required.
REQUIRED SKILL SETS:
• Must be a US Citizen to support a US Government Contract.
• Must be fluent in near - Native or Native Arabic.
• Must be fluent in near - Native or Native English and have strong ability in summarization English composition.
• Must possess strong cultural knowledge and very capable and knowledgeable in Microsoft Applications and Internet research.
• Must have the ability to accurately translate a wide variety of complex texts from Arabic into English. These texts may contain difficult, idiomatic, scientific, and colloquial writing.
• All Linguists shall be able to accurately capture cultural subtleties, nuance, and emphasis. A level of cultural mastery is required for the translator to capture written -cultural essentials embedded in text to include political, religious, historic, and ethnic elements.
• In terms of listing/summarizing: Each Linguist must be able to identify and flawlessly summarize all pertinent factual information and abstract concepts, recognizing the significance of complex expressions, such as colloquial text or technical terminologies.
• Must have the ability to triage documentation to isolate full-range of information that is of importance to the task at hand and be Masters use of and assists in development of reference materials.
• Must have the ability to review audio/video material and write/transcribe information into Arabic to Language with a high-degree of accuracy and expression and have an excellent understanding of one or more regional socio .
• Must be able to understand and interpret virtually all levels of spoken Arabic, including complex or highly idiomatic speech with a very high degree of accuracy.
• Must have an excellent command in terms of comprehension of one or more dialects and be able to successfully capture expressions specific to a culture, and all subtleties and nuances appropriately.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Language Interpreters require Arabic Interpreter
Freelance/Contract interpreters are needed in the Corpus Christi, TX and surrounding areas. We are looking for Spanish, Arabic, Farsi and other languages
|Job Type: Contract|
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Required language: What other languages do you speak
Required licenses or certifications:
Please apply at: http://www.primaryinterpreters.com/join-us/
Posted on 25/08/2016
United Nations Organization requires Senior Arabic
Interpreters in New York
Services up to seven meetings per week (
Arabic interpreters provide interpretation, as required, into Arabic of speeches or statements given in another official language.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with
Commitment to Continuous Learning: Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession; actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally. Contributes to the learning of colleagues and subordinates; shows willingness to learn from others. Seeks feedback to learn and improve.
Posted on 20 August 2016
The candidate must have the ability to operate effectively under pressure adhering to the ProSol Core Values of Agility: rapid adaptation to the changing requirements and environment of our clients; Excellence: Service quality that exceeds the expectations of our clients; Integrity: Accountability and honesty−always doing the right thing; and Long Term Commitment: Unquestioned loyalty and dedication to our clients, partners and employees.
Candidates are required to translate, interpret and/or analyze collateral materials such as pre-recorded audio, videos, and other printed materials and documents. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collecting, translating and interpreting mission related data
- Analyzing data and cultural consulting
- Supporting interviews and preparing related assessment reports
- Title III monitoring and intercepting
- Minimum of one year professional experience translating source documentation and multimedia
- Ability to pass English language proficiency tests in 4 skill areas of listening, reading, writing and speaking, with a minimum score of 3.0.
- Federal & State Court Certified Interpreters are exempt from the testing requirement.
- Strong proofing and editing skills in the English language
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Translation and transcription experience is required; previous title III translation experience is preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident and lived in the
out of the last 5 years US 3
Language Skills & Proficiency:
- Fluency in at least one of the following languages American Sign Language (ASL), Italian, Hebrew, Russian, Arabic, Serb-Croatian, Vietnamese, Dutch, Hindi, French, Lao, Thai, Tamil, Malayalam, Jamaican Patois and Farsi.
- Required to pass language testing prior to beginning work
- Foreign Language to English and English to Foreign Language.